Friday, December 12, 2008

Quick Update (because I'm swamped)

I've run the last two days, and both runs have felt more difficult than any other since I started training last week. On Wednesday afternoon, I took a mid-day break from work and followed the same route that I ran last Saturday: to Fort Greene Park, around the park, and back--about 3 miles. And I felt like hell from the moment I started running. I felt like my legs wouldn't work at all, and even crawling along, I was immediately exhausted. At just three blocks from my house, I considered just giving up and going home, but I tried to repeat the old "90 percent will" mantra, and kept going. I made it to the park, and then the sky opened up and it started POURING. And, weirdly, my run got a lot better after that. I guess I had the motivation I needed to keep going and speed up the pace (I wanted to get home ASAP!), and it was a really warm day, so the rain actually wasn't too miserable. Made it back at 33 minutes; 11 minute miles this time instead of ten, but hey, at least I finished.

Yesterday was gym day, and I logged another solid 3 miles on the treadmill in 34 minutes (1.5 incline, speed of 5.3). It sucked pretty much the whole way, but again, I was just glad to get through it. I'm not sure what's up with my body...It seems to be rebelling after adjusting so well to regular exercise at first. Two bad runs after a rest day. Hmmm. I had a glimpse of what it might be like to enjoy running on Monday--until they closed the gym, I really felt like I could keep going forever. I really hope I can get back there soon.

Today is a rest day, and tomorrow, back to Bikram.

No comments:

Post a Comment